Now we know that this sounds boring, as nobody wants to think about cleaning up the office after the Christmas party. Whether it’s a work party or another kind, we just want to enjoy it! But somebody has to think about it and if you’re here, that must be you! So, this blog will give you some tips on how to do so. This will hopefully make your life easier when cleaning up the mess left from your party.
There are many things you can do to get a head start when it comes to preparing for a party. See the list below to get a better idea:
- Clean & Disinfect all the surfaces – You want the office to look sparkling new for all the staff, not to mention COVID safe! Cleaning all the surfaces and furniture is a great way to help this.
- Get ahead of time with food preparation – If you are providing food yourself make sure to get it prepared in advance, not a last-minute job. Whether it’s sandwiches, sausage rolls or any other goodies, it’s important to know what you need to stock up on and DON’T forget plates and cutlery!
- Get some assistance – If you have any friends, family or helpful staff that are attending, try to ask someone to lend you a hand. Whether it’s cleaning, putting up decorations or just organising the chairs and food, any assistance will help you prepare!
So you are all prepared, the guests are soon arriving, what now? Well, there are a final few things you can do to make sure your party goes off with a bang:
- Test all equipment – It is important to make sure you test the equipment such as where the music is coming from!
- Make sure all clutter is cleared – If you have put out decorations and food, there is no doubt that you would have created some clutter, so try to find a suitable place that is out the way where the clutter can go.
- Make sure there are plenty of bins – This tip will help speed up the post-party clean up if people are tidying as they go!
- Relax and enjoy it – The Christmas party is all set up, the final tip before the party is to go out and enjoy it!
After Party Cleaning
So the party has finished and you now hold the reputation of being a great party planner! But now you need to tidy it all up but where do you start? Here’s what you do:
- Put on some music (this seems to be a recurring theme) and get yourself in the groove for cleaning.
- Separate the rubbish into types, paper, cans, bottles etc and bag them all up – so as to make recycling easier!
- Wipe surfaces before you hoover/mop – Bits will fall on the floor during cleaning, you don’t want to have to do this job twice.
Hire a Professional Cleaning Service
However, perhaps the easiest option would be to hire TWS to do all this for you. We are specialists when it comes to cleaning up venues, and we can help make the place sparkle! We can clean your venue from top to bottom, we will bring an experienced team along with specialist equipment to remove every stain, piece of dirt and dust.